Cairnfield House offers an extensive entertainment and activity programme, which has been specifically developed to cater for the varied interests of our residents.
Here is just a small sampling of resthome activities we offer:
- Family Barbeques
- Tai Chi
- Celebration Days
- Cards, Scrabble, Housie, Triominoes, Quizzes etc.
- Manicures, Pedicures
- Sky TV available
- Large print library
- Mobile library visits once a month
- Art & Craft
- Creativity Classes – Mosaics, Painting etc.
- Local Kapa Haka group visits
- Happy Hour weekly with entertainment
- Sit Fit Classes
- Movie Day
- Armchair Aerobics
- Matariki Celebrations
- Robbie Burns Day including the Haggis!
- Internet Access
- Beach picnics & outings
- Mayor’s Concert
- In-house movies on our big screen, including pop corn
- Battle of the Brains
- Rest Home Olympics
- Visits to other Rest Homes
- Café Outings
- Movie Theatre outings
- Outings to the bird recovery centre
- Country tea house visits
- Senior Citizens concerts
- Craft Fairs
- Drives to the beach to enjoy an ice cream
Our wheelchair accessible van is available to our residents for appointments as required and for organized activities. Driven by our lovely team.
Specialist professional services are provided by outside individuals and groups which include:
- Physicians for the elderly
- Professional Nursing
- Audiology and help with hearing problems
- Alzheimer’s Disease Support
- Mental Health
- Chaplaincy Services
- Elder abuse & neglect
- Counselling—relationship, aging process
- Conflict resolution
Our Wheelchair accessible Van is available to our residents for appointments as required for organized activities.